<$BlogRSDUrl$>
THE BLOG OF AN EX TWENTY SOMETHING HOUSE EX HUSBAND Now available on your PDA via

The Good Ol' Days


Monday, October 13, 2003




The Big Banana or the Big Mullet?

This past week saw me on holidays in Coffs Harbour, which is one of my favourite places in the world and hopefully where we will be living in a few years.

There was however one thing that really stood out when driving around the streets and walking around the shops of Coffs that I had obviously become desensitised to whilst I lived there 8 years ago.

Far, far too many of the locals have mullets.

Not just little almost mullets that someone in Sydney might acquire if they were unable to get to their hairdressers for too long. I'm talking about a fair dinkum, Country singing, Penrith Panther supporting, Bathurst 1000 attending, 80's rock star mullet. This would quite often be accompanied by a sporting pair of brown/grey stubbies and maybe some thongs.

What supised me was that I kept seeing it again and again after never really noticing it before. I assume this is akin to the smell of your own house.

Everyone's house had a particular smell that you can never actually notice yourself because you have grown accustomed to it. Similar to how you can never smell your own B.O. but are eventauuly alerted to its presence by the horrified gasps of people as you walk past on the train.

So like after being away from home for a few weeks, you walk in the front door of your house and think, "Jesus does my house smell like that?!", I walked down the streets of Coffs and thought "Jesus do the locals really look like that?!"

I would stress however that just like successful Cronulla Sharks players, these eyesores are in the vast minority.

1 Comments:

At April 27, 2022, Anonymous Marilyn said...

This is a greatt post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


RECENT COMMENTS




Current Posts


Men and Lingerie shops don't mix There are a fe...

First attempt at "Googie Eggs" semi successful ...

Australia loves a winner It is often said that ...

Some days you are glad of a blocked nose Today ...

"aaaahhhhhh..." My first hot shower since Sunda...

'scuse absence A raging fever and a broken hot ...

Who else hates R & B? Is it just me or are so c...

Too much Silence? Anyone who has kids or has lo...

Too old to use the Lady’s room? How old is too ...

Terror in the tub What do 3 year old kids fear ...



ARCHIVES




contact me


Please send any comments, offers to edit major metropolitan newspapers or book publishing contracts to

simatt [aT} big pond dot net.au



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on BlogShares