<$BlogRSDUrl$>
THE BLOG OF AN EX TWENTY SOMETHING HOUSE EX HUSBAND Now available on your PDA via

The Good Ol' Days


Friday, October 31, 2003




Peanut butter in the fridge?

There are many things that differentiate the people of this world. It is said that you're either a man or you're a woman, you're religious or you're not, you've read The Lord of the Rings to see what happens in the 3rd instalment or you'll just wait until it comes out at the movies. The last delineation is whether you keep your peanut butter in the cupboard or in the fridge.
After conducting an exhaustive 10min survey, I have discovered the reason why some people decide to chill their peanut butter while others prefer it at room temperature. It has in fact got nothing to do with what you prefer. If you ask someone why they keep their peanut butter where they do, their answer will almost always be "umm.. I don't know. I just do. I always have". Like so many other things you do during the course of your day, you either put it in the fridge or the cupboard because that is what your parents did. They did it because their parents did and so it goes on.

It all harkens back to the good ol' days when people used to make their own peanut butter at home. When you don't have a vast manufacturing enterprise behind you, and the ability to produce a product where the oil will not separate and rise to the top of the jar, you must keep your peanut butter in the fridge after you have made it to stop this from happening.

And so the great rift of mankind emerges.

I like to keep mine in the cupboard myself which must be caused by a lack of peanut butter manufacturing genes in my family. One of my Grandmothers did keep hers in the fridge but the genes must have skipped a few generations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


RECENT COMMENTS




Current Posts


Wheel Chair Terrorists It seems the National Ai...

Traumatised by Thomas The classic and long runn...

Regional News and The Daily Telegraph One of th...

What is a House Husband? I asked myself the abo...

The Pickles at McDonald's There are two kinds o...

Selective hearing As my wife can attest, I am a...

Potty training again Once again it is time to g...

Collective Nouns Reading Keks pondering on what...

A Proud Day Yesterday my youngest son (almost 2...

A little controversial today Jumping on the sex...



ARCHIVES




contact me


Please send any comments, offers to edit major metropolitan newspapers or book publishing contracts to

simatt [aT} big pond dot net.au



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on BlogShares