<$BlogRSDUrl$>
THE BLOG OF AN EX TWENTY SOMETHING HOUSE EX HUSBAND Now available on your PDA via

The Good Ol' Days


Tuesday, October 21, 2003




Selective hearing

As my wife can attest, I am a very heavy sleeper.

Ever since having children however I seem to have developed some sort of Super Hearing with the ability to detect the slightest noise or sound coming from the boy’s room at the other end of the house. This seems to be the limit of my new found ability however.

Many is the time I have slept through the wildest of thunder storms, rain slamming against the windows and the SES all over the neighbourhood saving rooves yet I did not wake. One of the boys coughing or whimpering at all during that same storm however would have roused me from my sleep to check on them or await their arrival by the side of my bed.

I would assume this power is not unique to me though. I doubt that I acquired it from standing too close to the microwave waiting for my Hot Chocolate to be hot.

Has anyone else obtained anything like this after becoming a parent?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


RECENT COMMENTS




Current Posts


Potty training again Once again it is time to g...

Collective Nouns Reading Keks pondering on what...

A Proud Day Yesterday my youngest son (almost 2...

A little controversial today Jumping on the sex...

Prestige Car Space Now that I seem to be visiti...

My Best Mates Girlfriend's Panties Ever been in...

The Big Banana or the Big Mullet? This past wee...

Men and Lingerie shops don't mix There are a fe...

First attempt at "Googie Eggs" semi successful ...

Australia loves a winner It is often said that ...



ARCHIVES




contact me


Please send any comments, offers to edit major metropolitan newspapers or book publishing contracts to

simatt [aT} big pond dot net.au



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on BlogShares