<$BlogRSDUrl$>
THE BLOG OF AN EX TWENTY SOMETHING HOUSE EX HUSBAND Now available on your PDA via

The Good Ol' Days


Tuesday, October 12, 2004




Bangalore Bungling

If you have ever been misfortunate enough to have to call Dell for product support in the last year and a bit you would have noticed the dramatic difference in how the calls are answered and obviously who is answering them.

I have nothing against the actual people taking the calls, in fact I think they are very nice people who go out of their way to do what ever they can for you.

The big problem is that they are bound by a strict scripted procedure from which they are not allowed to deviate.

In the past when you called Dell or the ever growing amount of IT companies sending their Call Centres to India, you would get someone who actually knew somwething about IT and were given a lot of latitude to use their brains to fix your problem.

When ever I call them now, I find I am forced to straight out lie to them just to get through their trouble shooting script so I can get my hardware fixed. I know what the problem is and how it needs to be fixed but these guys are forced to go through the entire trouble shooting procedure before they will send you a replacemnet part.

On the plus side, if you hang ont he line long enough, they sometimes give you advice on how to keep your cricket picthes at the dusty best during even the heaviest of monsoons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


RECENT COMMENTS




Current Posts


A Shout out to the people who let me get my voice ...

Pulling the Finger of Democracy Hi ho, Hi h...

You heard it here first It's not ...

When British Celebrities Attack! It see...

To start blogging again or not... That is the ...

April Fools Day joke? Today's Sydney Morning He...

Afraid of Public Liability? You have nothing on...

The end is nigh Well at least for Reality Telev...

Why is the Blue Tongue Lizard eating Poo Daddy? ...

Disturbing Find Yesterday, as I do every 10 wee...



ARCHIVES




contact me


Please send any comments, offers to edit major metropolitan newspapers or book publishing contracts to

simatt [aT} big pond dot net.au



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on BlogShares