<$BlogRSDUrl$>
THE BLOG OF AN EX TWENTY SOMETHING HOUSE EX HUSBAND Now available on your PDA via

The Good Ol' Days


Tuesday, November 29, 2005


Yummy Broccoli/Salesmanship at Dinner time

I've discovered a way to get my kids to eat just about anything I give them at the moment. You see they are at the age where they will believe anything you tell them because you are an adult.

Parents and Teachers alike have been taking advantage of this for centuries, getting in while they can before the kids grow up and realise that they've been spun a whole boat load of crap for so long and they don't have to take it any more. So when I'm asked "what's for dinner?", my answer is always prefixed with the work "yummy".

For example; "Daaaaad, what are we having for dinner?"

"Yummy chicken and yummy rice"

"Yeah yummy!"


This also works for things that may not traditionally be as yummy. "Daaaaad, what are we having for dinner?"

"Yummy broccoli and yummy potatoes with yummy chops"

"Yeah yummy!"

What's really interesting is that I heard John Howard will be using this very same tactic to help get his IR Reforms through the Senate.

"Oh Barneby... I've got some very yummy IR legislation for you..."



4 Comments:

At May 30, 2006, Blogger claudette said...

i used to cook the brocoli and then whiz it in a blender and add to spaghetti bolognese..they never knew hahahahahahaha
would love to have an update on ya kids..ya blog is great:)

 
At May 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kids are well. Oldest just turned 6 on Sunday and is a soccer star. He scored 6 goals the other day. of course it helps to have your Dad as the coach. 8-)

 
At July 30, 2006, Blogger claudette said...

thanks for the reply to my comment...have been busy and not been checking ya page....and how did ya get ya comments to pop up on a seperate page like this...its brill!! p.s. hope u could check out my page so u can see why i have been busy:)

 
At December 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job!!! visit us at http://www.enterbet.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


RECENT COMMENTS




Current Posts


OMG Check out the rack on Baby Jesus!!! As I...



Dobbed in "One day when we were in the car an...

The Counting of the Three. Taming Rouge States and...

You're in it Dad "Dad that ring on your finger m...

My son grabs bums at the Supermarket My son has ...

Should kids be allowed to watch Video Hits and Rag...

In my day... Well after a BIG break I've had som...

A Rude Awakening This (pictured right) is what...

Friday Cop Out - recycling my Radio Scripts again ...



ARCHIVES




contact me


Please send any comments, offers to edit major metropolitan newspapers or book publishing contracts to

simatt [aT} big pond dot net.au



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on BlogShares