<$BlogRSDUrl$>
THE BLOG OF AN EX TWENTY SOMETHING HOUSE EX HUSBAND Now available on your PDA via

The Good Ol' Days


Friday, September 12, 2003




Shopping tips for Men

Going food shopping can be full of traps for the unwary or inexperienced bloke.

Woollies and Coles are purposely geared to sell you things you don't want or don't need.

To the unseasoned shopper a quick stop into the supermarket for some milk and bread on the way home from work can turn into a 30 minute trawl through the confectionery isle with a trolley half filled with Mars Bars and Cadbury Chocolate.

Some would advise that if you eat before going to the shops you are less likely to fall victim to the temptations of impulse buying.

Today I learnt a better way. Head up to Woollies while you are busting for a crap.

Let me tell you, the clever merchandise placement and suggestive signage had absolutely no effect on me today as I speedily obtained my goods with unessential items given the brush.

I would warn however that this tactic is not for the faint hearted or the weak bowelled.

Encountering long lines at the checkout or running into a friend that won't stop talking may lead to the "turtle poking his head out" and/or abandoning your shopping in an emergency dash to the nearest public toilet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


RECENT COMMENTS




Current Posts


Swiming with Sharks Tomorrow I visit the Suther...

Trophy Bollocks After people find out that I al...

I didn't know you were pregnant?! This is an ex...

It's a different world from 9 to 5 I feel I nee...

I made my first cheesecake Last Friday provided...

Being a parent desensitises you to disgusting thin...

My theories on Love, Marriage, Children and Farts ...

A Tale from Redfern On the days I do have to go...

My theories on Love, Marriage, Children and Farts ...

I feel I can relate to mine clearance personnel ...



ARCHIVES




contact me


Please send any comments, offers to edit major metropolitan newspapers or book publishing contracts to

simatt [aT} big pond dot net.au



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on BlogShares