<$BlogRSDUrl$>
THE BLOG OF AN EX TWENTY SOMETHING HOUSE EX HUSBAND Now available on your PDA via

The Good Ol' Days


Friday, September 12, 2003




Swiming with Sharks Tomorrow I visit the Sutherland Shire, which is located at the bottom end of Sydney. Just like their NRL Football team Cronulla who is at the bottom of the ladder this year. (I will lay off the jokes about Cronulla having a permanent booking for the end of season trips in mid September instead of October like all the other teams do) I will be SCUBA diving off Magic Point and will hopefully be in the water with about 6 or so Grey Nurse Sharks if everything goes well. When I told my Mum I would be diving with Sharks this weekend, purposely going into the water when we knew they were going to be there she didn't like it too much. In fact when I told her she sort of said "yeah sure you are.... you’re not are you?" I have also been riling my wife all week telling her that I better get my life insurance sorted today and that when I go food shopping this morning I will just get dinner for one. It is however quite safe. It is much more dangerous to drive there or have some sort of SCUBA related accident (of whish there can be many) than it is to dive in the water and be surrounded by the wonderful creatures. In fact there has never been a recorded bite from a Grey Nurse Shark ever. I have actually been involved in two SCUBA related accidents. The first involving me running out of air while still 5 metres under water, the second involved an ex Navy SEAL almost having his tooth explode because of a trapped air bubble. The very sad part about it all is that there is said to be only 300 of these Sharks left on the Eastern Seaboard of Australia. This figure is disputed by some however they are listed as Critically Endangered. So if there is not another post by around 5pm tomorrow, you know what has happened . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


RECENT COMMENTS




Current Posts


Trophy Bollocks After people find out that I al...

I didn't know you were pregnant?! This is an ex...

It's a different world from 9 to 5 I feel I nee...

I made my first cheesecake Last Friday provided...

Being a parent desensitises you to disgusting thin...

My theories on Love, Marriage, Children and Farts ...

A Tale from Redfern On the days I do have to go...

My theories on Love, Marriage, Children and Farts ...

I feel I can relate to mine clearance personnel ...

I smell like a woman today Thankfully I do not ...



ARCHIVES




contact me


Please send any comments, offers to edit major metropolitan newspapers or book publishing contracts to

simatt [aT} big pond dot net.au



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on BlogShares