<$BlogRSDUrl$>
THE BLOG OF AN EX TWENTY SOMETHING HOUSE EX HUSBAND Now available on your PDA via

The Good Ol' Days


Thursday, September 18, 2003




Australian Televsion Producers, Just Say No

I often find myself imaging a scenario that must happen with extraudinary frequency to Australian Televison Producers.Sitting in an opulent office, whiling away the hour and a half before their lunch, their secretary announces that someone is here to pitch them a new idea for a show.

"Good morning, so what is your idea for a new show?"

"OK you're going to love this. It's new, it's fresh, it's original, it's a Cop Show!"

"I see. Like Blue Heelers?"

"Oh no way. This one is different! It won't be like anything on TV at the moment"

"Sounds great! What are Gary Sweet and the Daddo brothers working on at the moment?"

The above conversation also works when you substitute the word "cop" with lifestyle, renovation, gardening, medical or legal.

I would add however that the above does not apply to Network Ten. Their simple and cost effective approach is to replace a failed or finished show with another timeslot for the Simpsons.

Another variation of the above conversation would have occurred at the ABC. The National broadcaster's reply would have been,

"Sounds great! So have you selected a quaint English village to set it in yet? And who's going to play the part of the Vicar?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


RECENT COMMENTS




Current Posts


Ug Boots - Ladies there is no excuse Walking ar...

The Wiggles are a mixed blessing A few years ag...

How old is old? This Friday I will be turning 2...

Are you strong enough to give up their dummy? E...

Good News and Bad News First the Good News I w...

Shopping tips for Men Going food shopping can b...

Swiming with Sharks Tomorrow I visit the Suther...

Trophy Bollocks After people find out that I al...

I didn't know you were pregnant?! This is an ex...

It's a different world from 9 to 5 I feel I nee...



ARCHIVES




contact me


Please send any comments, offers to edit major metropolitan newspapers or book publishing contracts to

simatt [aT} big pond dot net.au



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Listed on Blogwise
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
Listed on BlogShares